Face Lift, or rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure to improve visible signs of aging on the face and neck. As individuals age, there are many unavoidable changes in appearance. The skin and muscles of the face region begin to lose tone and elasticity. Fat in the lower face descends, creating jowls and loose skin on the neck. Sun exposure, smoking, and a genetic predisposition can speed or worsen this process. A Face Lift is performed to help return the fat and skin back to the proportions of a more youthful face, but the elasticity of young skin can never be recreated.
A Face Lift can be performed alone, or in conjunction with other procedures, such as a Brow Lift, liposuction, eyelid surgery, or nasal surgery. The forehead, eyes, and mouth will also not be improved by a Face Lift alone, but a variety of procedures may be performed simultaneously to help these areas. Face Lift surgery is individualized for each patient. The best candidates for Face Lift surgery have a Face and Neck line beginning to sag, but whose skin has elasticity and whose bone structure is well defined.
Face Lifts are from £3,850.
Full Face and Neck Lifts are from £6,250
Neck Lifts are from £3,850
Prices are given upon consultation
Information for Full Face and Neck Lift
|Overall appointment time||7 hours|
|Pain and discomfort||5 - 7 days|
|Suture removal||Between 7 - 10 days|
|Follow up After surgery||Follow up at Suture removal, another follow up around 4 weeks later|
|Recommended time off work||10-14 days|
|Common risks||Bruising, swelling and temporary numbness|
|Risks less common||Infection, asymmetry, permanent numbness and nerve damage|
|Activities||Avoid strenuous exercising for the first 4 weeks.|
|Final result||It can take up to 6 months to see the overall result.|
Face and Neck Lift Discharge Instructions
- Activity: Avoid strenuous activity and keep well rested. Do not lift heavy objects and take a few days off work.
- Smoking: Do not smoke, and avoid passive exposure - this could affect your wound healing.
- Keep yourself Elevated: When rested keep elevated with extra pillows under your head and neck when you sleep in bed. Elevation will help decrease swelling.
- Apply ice: Use an ice pack on your face and/or neck if needed. Ice helps prevent tissue damage and decreases swelling and pain.
- Pain relief: Avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatories such as Ibuprofen for 48 hours post op.
- Wound Care: Do not touch the wound for at least 6 hours. Clean the wound with sterile water for the next few days. After this, carefully wash the wound with soap and water. Dry the area gently.
'Mr Morgan is always informative, polite and listens to any concerns. Excellent clinic where all of the nurses are lovely and caring. The procedure was carried out in a calm manner, very reassuring at each stage, they were always checking I was ok with everything going on. The results so far are excellent. I would highly recommend Mr Morgan.
Thank you so much Soul Care Aesthetics'
'From the very first phone call, to the consultation and then the procedure and after care has been absolutely fantastic. The whole team have been informative and very caring. I definitely recommend Soul Care Aesthetics, my experience has been outstanding.'